Tuesday 9 June 2009

Emotional Intelligence

About two years ago I went on a skills update day about Emotional Intelligence. It was very good, and I learned about how it is applied 'scientifically' and how useful it is in recruitment. EI needed to have some sound basis for practical application for me to 'buy in'. Certainly the statistics showing that the US military had a greater success rate when they applied EI to the recruitment process was a pretty good example.

We have a couple of EI books on our site and a free questionnaire to help you get started on the 'road to emotional intelligence'. I always thought I was pretty well self-aware about emotional intelligence, but even filling in this quick questionnaire gave me pause for thought when I reflected on my answers.

The author of the questionnaire and one of our books is Maureen Bowes, and she's done some neat videos - snippets of which you can see on her site. They are long enough to give you something to 'take away', so worth a visit if you get the chance:

www.peopleintelligence.com/coaching.html

No comments:

Post a Comment